Monday, June 4, 2012

Same weight, different size:(

Just checking in to share an observation with you all. I am the same weight, within a lb, that I have been for several months, but my tummy is bigger:( I know it is from the lack of Zumba for 3 weeks, and the muscle I did build turned into fat from lack of use. Fat takes up more volume than muscle, thus a bigger waist, with the same weight:( I am truly OK with it because I am back on track with Zumba, and I will whittle that fat back down if it is the last thing I do! The moral of this story? Lapses are fixable, but dang!!! Hmmmmm, the name....The Belly Fat Cure:) As long as you don't catch the disease again!!!
Come visit me!
This is my fun/busy week, with lunch with my gym friends, Bunko and my 3 hour lunch with my wonderful German JoAnn. She just returned from a trip to Germany and Austria, so I will have lots of stories to hear and fun pictures to look at. It feels "empowering" (to steal a phrase) to not be worried or concerned by what I will eat. I will eat what I want to eat, taking into account what works with BFC, and sugar is POISON!!!
Waiting patiently!
Here's a picture of my attempt at gardening:) It is my hummingbird feeder and I want to have a hummingbird visit. Any ideas that will make them come? I saw one in this exact location, so I got the feeder and now no hummingbird:(
We are having horrible weather. My grandson's baseball game was canceled again due to the rain and storms. I will really be happy to have more than a day at a time of sun.
Blessings and happy scales:)

8 comments:

  1. What a perfect spot for that hb feeder.
    Enjoy your friend-filled times.
    Take Care-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't that word (empowered) make you feel so in control of yourself :) I feel the knowledge that it is not just about calories (a calorie is not a calorie) has given me this control over my health and my weight. I'm trying to figure out what kind of regular exercise I will incorporate into my life. I am currently walking or bike riding with my kids but would like to add a level of strength training (even just twice a week). Love the feeder – have no idea how to lure them in. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hummingbirds. Hope you get some soon. Maybe the tummy thing is from #2 problem?? Just checking cause that happens to me sometimes.
    Have a great time with your friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you about fat taking up more room than muscle. I thought that I had been good lately but my jeans say otherwise. I am loving the group classes at teh Y, I took Evi's class last Saturday I like how she lip synces to the music. With the bfc and zumba I know we can get to where we want to be for this summer in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful feeder! Whatever you do, make sure you keep it fresh - don't want to get those poor birdies sick. :)

    Have a great fun week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muscle definitely takes up less space than fat. Keeping toned is important if we want to truly be losing fat instead of muscle. Oh exercise, why don't I love you? Maybe I should try Zumba. So many people seem to like it, maybe I would too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound like you have a fun week coming up with your friends! I love weeks like that but they don't happen that much around here these days. Love the hummingbird feeder. I've never tried one but we do get hummingbirds around my flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I KNOW you'll kick it at Zumba and notice a different right away. You are such a beautiful woman Kay, I would love to have your figure!! Isn't it strange how our bellys can bloat up and down (mine is always caused by salt, processed foods, transfatty foods, hot weather, not drinking enough water and constipation).

    Isn't it great to have a friend that you can't want to get together with and talk - those friends are so special and priceless. I love having "older" friends too who are like mentors to me because they have been where I am and are full of wisdom. Have a great time!

    My friend bought me a hummingbird feeder a few years ago for my b-day (along with the pink/red sugar water) and we hung it in the tree and never ever saw one single hummingbird the entire summer. But then again, I've never seem them in our area - ever! The fact that you saw one means there is hope. Have a great week Kay!

    ReplyDelete