Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Sunday:) Woot!!!

Cadence Marie and Cy Noah
My poor husband has been on the run all day getting things ready for his work week. He just finished washing both cars and is now taking some "gross" groceries back to the store! I would NEVER have the guts to do it, but he does. I cooked a ham today to make sandwiches and I made potato soup. The ham had a funky smell, but I made the soup anyway thinking it would go away...nope...gross...so he is taking the ham back. 11.00 and he bought some "cuties" by another mother, and they were also gross....6.98. That's almost 18.00 we saved because he isn't a wimp like me. He's a good man:) We were going to have sausage/rotel dip, but there was no Frito scoops to be had. What the heck??? Is the diet fairy watching over me or what?
I just watched Madonna at half time. I thought her last 3 minutes were tolerable. It just goes to prove that even with all the money in the world, you eventually age:( Dang...Drat....Pow!!! I have a wrinkle neck:)
Time to watch the end of the game and dream about my dip/fritos. An entire pot of potato soup getting thrown out and I believe hubby is picking up deli chicken. That my friends is what happens to people that don't plan in advance!
Oh, and yesterday was wonderful! My granddaughter was  actually pretty good. We all went to Red Robin after the game. It's always a great day when my oldest son (32) is nice to me for an entire day!
I think I am going to buy a Kindle Fire tomorrow. Walmart....I hate Walmart...but money is money, and they are offering a 50.00 gift card with the purchase of the Kindle. Crazy! So what the heck, with my luck they will have sold out or something. Or I can change my mind for the millionth time. Yes/no Yes/no Yes/no...that runs through my head all day.
Oh and I finally ordered from Netrition today. I ordered carbquick, flax flour, almond flour and sugar free Joseph's maple syrup. Pancakes are on the horizon for me!
That's right...Superbowl!!!
Have a great night:)

6 comments:

  1. Oh and Dana, thank you for commenting on my blog. I would love to tell you what I eat, but I am kind of bad, not like Rosalie. I have made it work for me and would be happy to share if you don't think I would be a bad example!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kay! I loved Madonna, but I used to be a huge fan when I was a teenager. Sorry about your rotten food. It's no telling how long it was getting the food to the store. Crazy how our food system works. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay - I have the same yes/no, yes/no thoughts too about purchases!

    If you are comfortable putting some of your 'go to' foods on here, I would love to see them.

    I will have to make BFC work for me too. We are empty nesters and both work full-time. I will be fine with BFC for 2/3's of the day and then I'm afraid dinner will be a challenge if I don't plan ahead. I found several ideas of low sugar items on Pinterest. Hoping to use the slow cooker too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome that your hubby will take back bad food, that would make me uncomfortable too, although if it added up to $18 dollars I bet I could do it if my hubby couldn't. You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby would never take the food back, but I would! ;) I loved watching Madonna today. I was thinking she still looks great! LOL I think you should post your food - it's a good reminder that you don't have to eat special food to make this work for you. Just my two cents. xoxo
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. That WAS great that he took the stuff back. I was surprised that Madonna was not that bad. I liked that she had the other more popular artists on there with her.
    I'm glad you had such a good day :-)

    ReplyDelete