Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Sunday:)

Since I spend a lot of time on the computer, I totally over think, second guess, ponder, etc. any big purchase. I have wanted a Keurig coffee maker for a VERY long time. I researched, searched best prices etc. and I finally found a KILLER deal.
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.K34705.desc.Keurig-Platinum-Series-Quiet-Brewer-w48-KCups-My-KCup
This same pot is at Target and Wally mart for 179.00, just for the pot. The 2 filters that come with this pot are about 20.00 a piece and the K cups would retail around 25.00? So if any of you are in need of a new coffee pot, here you go. It only took me hours of searches etc. to find a great deal. That same yes/no searching is why I didn't get my Kindle until I got the 50.00 Walmart card with it. 50.00 is 50.00 bucks...now I just have to be willing to go into a Walmart to spend it. As a previous small business owner, I do not like Walmart:(
Since I don't have a job, I like to think that I save my husband money in some ways:)
We are going to a new car show today. We have champagne taste on a beer budget and my husband has his sights set pretty high on a new car. He is finally putting his beloved Mustang in the equation. I for one would like to spend the money on updating our home, but again...since I don't work....you know how that goes.
I'm still doing great on my weight, I still haven't made any effort to lose more. I am still pondering trying to get down further. I am just not willing to do the work yet.
I am going to do what Minichick suggested and have my BMI done at the Y next week. It is EXTREMELY important to be fully hydrated, so no coffee or exercise prior to the test. Just saying:)
Thank you to Dawn for answering my concerns about the Stevia in the Raw cup for cup. I am very happy to say that I used it to sweeten my ice tea and it tastes exactly like the packets. I was afraid I had wasted 7.99. It just must be too strong for the cookies. I will try it in baked goods instead of boiled goods and do what Dawn advises and have a little taste first. Of course before I add raw egg.
Have a great and Blessed Sunday! Car show/Macy's/TJ Maxx/dinner/ and visit with my little Sis at the nursing home. A full day:) I am not having a slugfest today!!! Woot!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kay!
    Good to hear from you! I have a Keurig. I still prefer good ole coffee in my Mr Coffee. We had a flood in the basement & my daughter pulled it out from there (the box got wet) so we started using it again. I had a cup this morning made with my own coffee in one of the k cups and it wasnt too bad. I like my coffee on the weaker side with lots of cream and the Keurig coffee is so strong for me. I heard John Tesch say the other day that those little cups end up costing $60/pound of coffee! CRAZY!!!! You probably dont want one now with my review, huh? lol.
    Havea great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherri, the coffee maker comes with a reusable filter, just like I have for my coffee maker now. I have heard you can even put loose tea or hot cocoa in them. I will probably not buy many K Kups. At my daughter's house I only used a tablespoon of coffee in the filter. That will save lots of wasted coffee for me:) I like my coffee on the weak side too. I don't know how anyone drinks it black!
      I always want your review:)

      Delete
  2. It is good to hear from you...sounds like you have a great day planned...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good deal on the Keurig. I have not seen them that cheap. I hope you had a good time at the car show. Have a good day tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great deal on the keurig, I checked out your link and that is a wonderful price. Especially since you get the filter which is about $20 seperate. Man, I want one but right now it's low priority with all the stuff I'm sure we will need/want for our house (hopefully we hear from the bank soon...we have our fingers crossed) My in-laws have a keurig and my MIL gets a lot of her k cups from bed bath and beyond using a 20% off coupon that they always send out. I also went to T.J. Maxx today in the valley looking for valentines day goodies, I am amazed at the variety of things they have there. I hope you had a wonderful day, Happy Sunday to you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my Keurig! I got mine when my in-laws got one as a gift and then did not want it. The K-cups are expensive, but I think they make a perfect cup of coffee. Guess I like mine a little strong. I get my K-cups as BJ's (like Costcos). Using the coupon for Bed, Bath and Beyond is a great idea! Never thought of that.
    I also scour the internet for hours when I have to make a big purchase! Drive myself crazy trying to find the best deal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay, the lady also said no food at least 2 hours before the test. I'm glad your going to get that done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love one of those machines, but hubby won't let me buy one! I love strong coffee, too, so I know I'd love it.. :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete