Saturday, February 25, 2012

133 Woo hoo!!!!

Woo hoo!!!
My lowest weight was 132.9 and I am so close to that again. Woot! I know my toe nails are in serious need of some attention. I haven't touched them since my Georgia trip:(
I have a few reasons that I think I am down again. Zumba!!! Duh....I went 2 times a week the last 2 weeks, but that is better than 1. I was busy, almost every day. I didn't sit around all day, being the slug that I can be. Having my daughter and grandson here kept me active. I ate out a LOT, but I made good choices for the most part. Another reason that I think I am down is a new discovery for me at least...these English Muffins from Orowheat. They are VERY filling, yummy and so easy to use a million different ways. They are also only 130 calories, 6 grams of protein and 7 grams of fiber.
Amazing muffins!
Now I know we don't have to figure calories in, but they do count, especially when we are close to goal or have reached goal. So this is what I think. The "basic" flax muffin is 270 calories according to the myfitnesspal. Anything that you add to it, adds calories or carbs. This muffin is 2 carb servings because it has 31 grams of carbs, but it is 1/2 the calories of the flax muffin, which is 1 carb serving. See what I am saying?
I know that some people can't or don't want to eat wheat, but this is a good alternative in my humble opinion. Yes there are 2 sugars, so it would be a 2/2, but....Jorge allows 5/2 right? He came up with that number because he scientifically believed that it would work. Why would or should we tweak it? Eat the 5/2 and you won't be hungry, you will feel satisfied, and most of the time, within the calories you should have for the day.
These would be great for mini pizzas, PB and J sandwiches, with eggs and bacon, grilled cheese, etc. etc. etc.
(Yule Brenner, The King and I:)
Kayce and Karson made it safely back to Georgia. I will miss them, but they will be back for about a month in June. I was going to post pictures of how my house looks when they are around, but it is too crazy!
I have seen my daughter that doesn't like me several times over the last few weeks. She is still consistently cold to me, but I am fine with it. That is her, and I have to let it go. My 2 sons aren't really speaking so when I had family dinner on Wednesday, my youngest son wouldn't come. Then on Thursday I had dinner again, and he came, but my oldest didn't:( They are such hypocrites. All my kids get mad at each other for the exact same things that they do to me without blinking an eye...Crazy!
Karson, Taryn and Kayce
My husband is working today and tomorrow to try and get done this last "wave" that he will be involved with. They are threatening his separation package if he doesn't finish. I am worried that he is going to have a mental breakdown before this is over. They even flew to Spokane to check his work, 2 weeks before he will be done, trying to find a way to fire him rather than pay him. Of course they found nothing because he is as honest as they come. He just had his 26 year anniversary with the company. Loyalty right?
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I am going to go get my "pottery" I made at the party I went to a couple of weeks ago. If it isn't horrible, I will post a picture.
Blessings and happy scales!

9 comments:

  1. Kay great job on your weight. And I hope you are still enjoying having a house full. When I looked up those muffins it said they have sucralose. Look at the label at the ingredients and make sure.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing fantastic keeping yourself at goal! I'm glad you had a great time with your family, but I'm sorry for the pain and frustrations that the others are causing. I hope it resolves itself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for you Kay! Whatever you are doing seems to be working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss Kay....and I am glad you are a rebel, whatever you do works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures of your kids! Sounds like a really stressful time for your husband. Companies sure treat you like crap these days. I can remember from my father and grandfathers time when loyalty and years put in to a company made you a valued commodity, and when you retired with A PENSION, they had a dinner in your honor and gave you a plaque or a watch or something. Sadly those days seem to be gone.
    Good job on keeping the weight so low!! You're rebel ways are working!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Kay! I used to eat that brand of bread, before BFC - if I remember correctly they are super tasty. For me, though, the flax muffin is way more beneficial - it has more fiber and more protein! It counts as the whole meal for me, and has the staying power of eating a plate of eggs and toast.

    I'm sorry your kids are bothering you. Hopefully they will reconcile before too long. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! on the 133 That's so exciting! and thank you for your encouragement I am looking forward to getting more energy I am almost through the sugar withdrawals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing your little toes on that scale! Kay, do you still have artificial sweeteners? Regularly, accidentally, or what? I am really honestly curious. I cannot get my family to buy into the bad stuff about it and I worry they can't lose their weight and keep it off unless they do. Id love your input on this. FB me, okay?

    ReplyDelete