| May 2011 |
Lots of things happening the last few days. I went to a Macy's interview, was hired for Men's wear, temporary through the Holidays, and then I decided not to do it. It was for barely above minimum wage, a dollar an hour less than it would have paid 2 years ago, and my hubby and I decided it would probably not be worth the stress. It feels good to have made the decision. Now I know I am not going to work through the Holiday's.
Food wise I have been good for me. I continue to eat out way too much. I went to lunch with my friend that I worked at their furniture store. I said a prayer before I met her that I would not be a bitch and tell bad stories about people. I did not. I felt so good at the end of the lunch not telling the things that I wanted to tell. I was proud of me:) That was the same day that hubby and I ate at Ivar's fish and chips. It seems everything is working OK because I am maintaining the 136. If I could get to 135.4 I would have lost a total of 30 lbs on the BFC.That is really the only reason I would want to lose more. Sure I would like to firm up and have a tiny waist, it is never going to happen!!!
I went to Zumba today for the first time in almost a month. OH MY GOSH!!! It almost killed me. It is not something I can "dabble" in. I need to get back consistently.
We had french dip sandwiches for dinner. Yummy! The french roll was to die for, but I only ate 1/2. My daughter and I ate at KFC for lunch, I just had a few bites of potatoes and gravy and 4 chicken wings. I love chicken wings!!! My breakfast every morning now is Jimmy Dean sausage on a sandwich thin with butter. Sometimes I add eggs, but I am kind of egged out. Dawn's recipe looked good though.
| My Matthew and me |
My daughter made my favorite cookies to send to her hubby for his birthday. They are solid sugar. Caro syrup/peanut butter and special K cereal with chocolate chips melted on top. I am in the process of eating a tiny piece. I knew I would regret not having any once they were gone. No regrets...just good choices!
| Pretty Fall colors |
| My Kitty:) |
I wish everyone would start blogging more! I know it is hard because I feel so boring. I need to sit down when I think of something profound and write it and save it. Otherwise it totally escapes my head!
Have a great weekend! Blessings:)
I am missing everyone too, but I figure if I'm busy others are too. Just as long as we keep writing!! ;)
ReplyDeleteI am proud of you Kay- you've done so well, and eating food that you love! That is so important!
Great job on not being negative!! hooray!!
You are such an awesome example of how to eat bfc friendly when eating out. I have been helped on what to eat out because of your posts. I bet it feels good to know you will be able to enjoy the holidays without having to work and be on your feet all the time. I love your pics, have a wonderful day :)
ReplyDeleteHi Kay. I think you were wise not to take that job. We are paying our new hires very well. I know that I would not keep them if I didn't. I love your eating approach. You are a good example. Regarding the blogging, when I get an idea of something fun to write about, I start the post and save it as a draft. I have so many saved. I always feel no one will care about just everyday life, but I love hearing about everybody elses, so maybe I will blog more even when I don't have anything to say! Hugs to you from me!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all - I think you look awesome in that picture!! I know its hard to eat when we go out - but you have been making real good choices.
ReplyDeleteand that was probably the best choice about the job. That's what I was saying to my hubby, but I would have only got min. which is $8 an hour over here. No worth it for all the stress and being out so late and every weekend and holiday.
I love all your pictures today!
Have a great day :-)
Look at the difference in you Kay!!!! You look amazing!! You have so much to be proud of. Look where you are a year later?!
ReplyDeleteOk, not to sound like a cougar here, but your son is a hottie! lol. Sorry, I know, probably not appropriate to say to his mother, but the truth. I may be old & married but Im not blind & I can appreciate a good lookin man when I see one! :) When my sister sees a good lookin man she always says "hellooooo kitty"! It always makes me laugh.
I know I have been terrible in the blogging area. I love to blog & read everyones posts too but sometimes, just dont have enough time in the day. I promise to be better in this area.
Have a wonderful weekend!
((Sherri))
p.s you look so much younger in your new pictures! That weight DOES make us look older, doesnt it. You look FAB!
ReplyDeleteKay I love reading your blog and looking at your pictures! I think you did the right thing about the job. If I didn't need the money that much I would have to have a really good feeling about a place to go work there and have someone telling me what to do. It was so easy when I was in my twenties, I didn't mind any kind of part time job, now I'm too set in my ways.
ReplyDeleteKay, I love to read your blogs and thanks for sharing your life with us. I feel bad because I dont always know what to say on my blog and feel I am boring. I need to try a little harder because I find it to be a way to vent, be honest with my diet and of course meet some great friends. Glad you dont have to worry about working over the holidays. Take some me time and enjoy. P.S. you are so pretty and have done a awesome job with your weight loss.
ReplyDeleteKeep posting Kay-you're never boring.
ReplyDeleteI bet it feels good knowing how much less stress you'll be having during the holidays.
Congrats on your weight loss!