| Sunset at The Chart House |
This is the view from one of my favorite eats so far. It was highly recommended on a travel site and a very short walk from the hotel. Not only were the views amazing, but the food...yum. I am a meat and potatoes girl, no fancy food for me. I had a prime rib dip that was truly out of this world. Everywhere we travel I eat them and compare. This was definitely one of the best yet. Other than the bun, which was a Hawaiin bread roll, they are Belly good. We also had catch of the day fish sticks...yum!
| Rainbow Tower |
| Looking up from under our beach umbrella. |
| Pictures aren't my friend here! |
OK, back to the food. I haven't been nearly as bad as I was pre-BFC. I have my moments, but not really too many heavy sweets. We did finally eat at the Cheesecake Factory and Rosie...were you ever right about the Hershey's cheesecake. I ate way too much of it, but it was hard not to. I didn't get sick, which really surprised me, but I did get really, really tired.
Today we are catching the Aloha open air bus and traveling around most of the day. We both could use a little time out of the sun. No burns for me and no burns for hubby once he got the heavy sunblock.
Oh...and I got bit by a fish. I thought I was stung by a jelly fish and I turned to look and it was a black fish that was coming at me again. I had to hit it away. I bit my lip trying not to scream which caused a blood blister to form. Not one person looked up or wondered why the heck a woman was thrashing around in the water!!! The guys at the beach rental said that was the first time in a couple of months they had heard the fish bite someone again. Seriously it looked like 2 stingers left in my leg. It is funny now, but wasn't funny then!!! I worried about all the little kids here, but I guess I was a chosen one;)
The last picture is the famous Diamond Head. We were going to hike to the top, but I am being too lazy yet again. If it were totally up to me, I would be on a beach chair, every day, all day. Love, Love, Love the sun!!!
Blessings and good luck to everyone on their versions of lifestyle changes. We did not have internet for 3 days so sorry for not posting replies on all of your blogs...I read them!
H Kay, all you pictures look beautiful and I know how you feel about the hubby's pictures. Mine does that to me all the time, TERRIBLE!
ReplyDeleteI guess the way you are feeling is the way we did before BFC huh? We probably just did not realize it.
That is kind of funny about the fish bite.
Take care - be safe :-)
Oh Kay, even your "bad" pictures look good! My husband does the same thing though - my smile usually looks so fake by the time he takes the darn picture. Hawaii looks better and better every time you post. You'll get back on track food-wise once your home - no worries!
ReplyDeleteYou look cute, I think! Sounds like you are having so much fun!
ReplyDeleteOMG! So exciting you're in Hawaii. My grandparents took me when I was 15. We stayed at the Royal Hawaiian (the pink hotel) right down the beach from you. Sorry you were bitten by a fish, how scary! I would not have been so calm. Let us know if you hike up diamond head. Have fun.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing and safe travels back home
ReplyDelete