Sunday, October 23, 2011

138.6 Still going down:)

My lei lasted quite awhile:) Karson and one of his millions of monkeys!
OK, so I feel like I was hit with a mack truck!!! Work was tiring...Bless you all that have full time jobs!!! I worked 31 hours in 4 days and I feel like I am going to die. It is 8:00PM and I am going to bed!
We had Mexican for dinner and it tasted amazing!!! I have gotten back total control of my sugar intake, a little harder on the carbs. I will get there. Tomorrow is my grandson's official birthday party. Today was his actual birthday, but I had to work all day:( Hopefully I won't overeat tomorrow and have to start over again. My job was over as of today. It's a bummer, but like I said, it was not the business that they were expecting.
Karson with his matching cake and shirt!
My family minus my Sailor Daughter!
Today was the official birthday party at a Jump in Play. I actually played on the blow up jumpies. It felt good to be 54 years old and playing with my grandkids! I couldn't have done it 30 lbs ago. I was also complimented by people that I hadn't seen since last years birthday party. That made me happy!!! 
My daughter is very crafty and really went all in for Karson's party. It was pretty darn cute. To have all  of my kids and my Mom there was quite nice too. If you have read my blog, I don't really speak much to my Mom, but it was good to see her. My 4 year old grandson's face is missing from this picture! 
I did not have birthday cake, but I ate a lot of potato chips. Like I said, the sugar is under control, the chips are another matter entirely. I was back down to 138.6 today which is about 2 lbs more than when I left. I haven't been able to drink water since I have been home because I couldn't go potty at work all day. Tomorrow I plan to drink, drink, drink and hopefully the last 2 lbs will go bye bye. I showed my hubby how I can pull my brand new jeans down over my hips without unbuttoning them last night. He was like "great, more new jeans". That felt good too. I wish I wouldn't have washed the second pair,  I would take them back and get a smaller size to lose into. Bummer:( 
So yesterday 1/2 way through my work day the "traveling manager" at the furniture store moved my chair back and told me not to say Hi to people anymore and just count. I was devastated. Salespeople had complained that the customers felt they wanted to work with me and I was confusing them. Hmmm....let me see, because I looked professional, had a real smile on my face, and was warm and friendly? I have never seen such an unprofessional group of people! 5 of them that were there actually travel around the country doing these types of sales. The eye rolling behind people's backs, the complaining etc. was unreal. I know one thing for absolutely, totally, positively certain. I WILL NEVER AGAIN BE IN COMMISSION SALES!!!  I could write a book!!!! Once I quit saying hi to people I realized how many people were never spoken to because a salesperson wasn't lined up ready to jump on them. That is why I do NOT shop at Nordstrom. No one ever greets me there. Ugh!!! I could not wait to leave and it ruined what started out being a very fun job. I cried all the way home. How lame is that? I also knew a lot of the people that were coming in so they wanted to find out what I was doing? Isn't familiarity a good thing? Whatever...I am over it....until I talk to my friend who's husband owns the store. I wasn't going to tell her anything, now I don't know. The bitch in me wants to be a bitch, the nice person in me wants to keep my mouth shut. We will see which "me" wins! 
Tomorrow I should go back to Zumba, but all I want to do is sleep in and drink water and catch up on all the sitting that I haven't done since I left for vacation. It will be interesting to see what I do!
Have a great week everyone, thanks for listening to my tale of woe. I guess it was a compliment in some ways? Whatever!!!
Blessings and happy scales!

5 comments:

  1. Wow crazy about things at the store. I think you should say something to your friend I bet they would want to hear that their sales staff isn't being very welcoming to the customers.

    I am so happy for you and amazed that your vaca weight is just coming off. Have a wonderful new week and try not to be discouraged about things at the furniture store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice looking family you have Kay! It looks like you all had such a nice time at Karson's party. If I were you I would opt for the just sleep and drink water option - you've been going full steam since you got back! Great job on getting off the vacation pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That party looks like a good time Kay. Don't worry about those people in the store. It seems to me that you would have sold a lot of furniture with your smile and good attitude. They were jealous, so they sabotaged you! I am proud of you for getting back on track. I worked all day today (left the house at 7 AM and home at 7:30AM). My two new workers were in today, and I am thankful, but training, explaining, and doing the work is exhausting. I'm off to bed at 9:30 east coast time! Nighty night!! Hugs to you from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops that should have read 7:30 PM. I work alot, but not 24 hours straight!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay, you grandson is so cute and love the cake too. I cant believe the store not letting you say Hi to people.....what happened to being friendly now days. I hated shopping at nordstroms for that same reason too.

    ReplyDelete