Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The countdown to going home:(

There are no words:)
One of the reasons that I get bummed on vacations is because I know they have to end! How dumb is that? We fly out next Monday and I am already feeling blue about having to leave this magical paradise. As I sit here this morning I hear the waves coming in, I smell the food (bacon) from where we are going to eat breakfast this AM. I see people jogging, surfers out surfing, my neighbor lanai seeing me in my night gown with my panties showing because I was out here all alone!!! I woke up at 6:00 again. I just don't want to miss anything!
The sunsets while beautiful, have clouded up right before the sun actually sets past the horizon. That is an amazing site to see and we haven't see one yet!
one more night view
Same view morning sun
Morning time:)
So I have been pretty bad about carbs....still not tons of sugar. Yesterday after a quick sun time, hubby got too burned the day before, we went to the mall. I had this amazing roast pork roast with potatoes and gravy and macaroni salad. Count the carbs:) Then for dinner we ate at Ruby Tuesday's because we had an entertainment coupon. I had the petite sirloin and mashed and french fry potatoes...count the carbs!!! Then hubby had a molten lava cake with ice cream and strawberry sauce. I tasted the cake, too sweet!!! I had a bite of brownie earlier that I used to LOVE, too sweet! We went to the Walmart here and got some macadamia nuts. Even in Hawaii they are very expensive! I did get some of my thick sliced farm bread at the little bakery that we love. I am so full now, it will probably go bad before we eat again! Kidding. Today for breakfast was the HUGE buffet and I had 1 1/2 omelettes! I tell myself they are good for me because they have spinach in them. I also had some banana bread and a few bites of a coconut muffin. Bad Kay:( I asked my husband if he thinks by the time we leave I will have eaten at least 100 pieces of bacon. He thinks so:) It is so good and so plentiful!!! He just told me I should blog to everyone how "tough" it is to be me:)
It's growing slowly:) 
I tried my jeans on yesterday, they still fit! Here's my tummy after breakfast this morning...
Today is beach day. Hubs feels like he can just sit under the umbrella. We also got him 50 sunblock. I still don't look that tan to me, but I hadn't lost that much tan before we left home. Have a great day everyone and thanks for allowing me to ramble on. Wow:)

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear from you! You are already sad, and you still have a week!? Too funny! You must be so happy there! Thanks for the advice on my post - I am definitely not cutting peanut butter out of my life. I just wanted to see if it helped anything. So far, it hasn't. So I'll probably put it back on the menu this weekend. I'm giving it the full 14 days. Enjoy your beach day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, you still have a little time left so dont be to sad about it, but I can understand that feeling when vacation time is almost over. Man that's a lot of bacon lol. I love bacon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure does sound like you are having a great time with all that beauty and food. Don't worry about the tummy, You can take care of that when you get home.
    Pics are great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful there. You are enjoying it as you should!

    ReplyDelete