Thursday, October 6, 2011

Amazing so far:)

First room view
on the computer:)
Reflection from the window:)
We got up at 3:00 AM yesterday for our early flight. There is a 3 hour time difference here, which gives us 3 extra hours of paradise a day, but the first day hit us like a rock!!! We were so tired last night that we couldn't even function! Crazy!!! It would be 2:30 in the afternoon at home and it is only 11:30 here. That means no rush for us and we are just enjoying the morning before we head down to the ocean. We have never been in a pool on this property and have no intentions of doing it this time:) The tower in the picture is the one we have always been in, but this time we were put in a luxury room, which is nice, but we stare at the tower that we love! We are moving tomorrow to that tower so it won't have the luxury, but it will have a  much better view.
I was pretty good food wise yesterday, too tired to have my pecan praline ice cream, but did go to the shop when we first got here to make sure they have it. I decided I would buy the cone separately and break it into pieces in a baggy and have little scoops instead of a whole ice cream cone a day. The breakfast buffet that is free to Hilton Diamond members would be amazing if I was not trying to eat low sugar. Thick slices of fresh carrot bread and a bran/raisin bread. The gal brought me 2 slices of whole grain but indicated she can't do that every day. I had taken some canadian bacon slices up just in case so I put those with some boiled eggs and stayed on program. I had 2 tiny pieces of pineapple. It is so sweet, a little will go a long way!!! I am proud of my day one breakfast!
Tonight we are going to my favorite place "Dukes" for dinner. I get prime rib there which is wonderful, but I eat way too much macaroni salad. The macaroni salad is served with just about everything over here and Dukes is my favorite! I usually eat all the salad bar that I can handle and then take my prime rib back here for sandwiches tomorrow.
We are headed to the beach!
For those who haven't been too Hawaii....I hadn't either until about 7 years ago. All things come to those that wait, or marry a man that travels a lot and builds up Hilton Honors Points. Our hotel say is free because of that. The fact that he builds so many points is why they treat us nicely and put us in good rooms:)
They are renovating the tower that we are moving to, so things aren't always good there. Construction noise and slow elevators, but the best views and the closest to the ocean in all of Waikiki. Luxury doesn't always trump view!!! We are going to be in a corner room too, so double lanais! Woot!!! Losing the Hilton points is the worst thing about hubby not working:(
Blessings from paradise:)

7 comments:

  1. I love Hawaii! Have a wonderful time, Kay and keep posting beautiful pictures!

    This is the Linda that drove thru Sandpoint and Spokanne and bought the Nature's Hollow at Yokes. Thank you, thank you! Enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful Kay! Hope you have a terrific time! Hugs to you from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and your family have a great time. Eat something and think of me OK ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful!!!! Can't wait for more pictures - of the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy that you are having a great time on your vacation so far. Keep on sharin we are lovin hearin about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay, you are awesome to keep encouraging us while you are on vacation! It looks so beautiful so far and I love the pictures you are posting! You've been doing really well staying on track even in Hawaii - good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kay, it looks wonderful there! I am so jealous but in 2 years we have decided that we are going to HI for our 20th anniversary. I cant wait!!! Enjoy every moment & enjoy the treats of the island too. Its not every day that you go there so indulge a little.
    Miss you but glad that you are staying in touch! Have fun you little beach bunnie!
    ((Sherri))

    ReplyDelete