Monday, October 13, 2014

153.2

I can't believe I am excited to get to this weight! I logged into myfitnesspal on 9/1/14 and I weighed 152.1. I gained 5 lbs until I started being good 2 weeks ago. I am a bit frustrated by the low amount of weight I have lost, but I will take it since I am going the right way...down! I can look back at old posts and see how bummed I was to be 148....I would love to be there again!!! I think at this point in my life, being in the low 140's will be a happy spot.

I have really surprised myself with good food choices, we still eat out a LOT, but I try and remove as many carbs as possible. We even went to Arby's before my son's football game on Friday and I did not have their apple crisp, which is to DIE for....literally :) That was a huge success for me. I also was home alone all day yesterday and I stayed on plan...100%... except I am drinking some diet soda. It seems to be a treat that adds to my meals. I WILL quit drinking it, but for now, it feels like a luxury.

My son, that went to 6 different colleges on football scholarships, is coaching our rival school's football team. It is a BIG deal, and I am so happy for him. There are 2 high schools in our district and he is coaching on the opposite one he played on, and they won!!! The 'battle of the bell"..it was one of his happiest moments. You want to watch your kids have success and happiness, and that was a very cool moment. I felt like a traitor because I had gone to the other high school too, but it was 40 years ago, so no biggie!
Matthew's the coach with his folder down the back of his pants!

His selfie before the big game!
I feel good, am looking forward to feeling better....How's everyone else doing?

2 comments:

  1. what a great photo of M with the folder in his pants, LOL! I am sure I could get a crazy photo of my hubby coaching soccer. the things they do... I am also in the 150's again - WTH? I thought I'd be able to stay out of those numbers forever. boo. So here we go, closer and closer to Halloween. Better make up some healthy treats or scary tricks for just in case. My M has a birthday that day, so it's never easy for me to stay off the sweets then. :( We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kay - sorry I missed this post. It sounds like you are doing good - except the You-Know-What...
    I think the low 140's is a great goal for you and you Will get there - Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete