Friday, June 7, 2013

3 Days in, not perfect on carbs, but I am on sugar!

I am so proud of me! I haven't weighed in because I don't want to be bummed if I didn't lose anything. I know, 3 days and I expect miracles!!!
Today was my first full 3x week of Zumba. I was really, really, really struggling today. I have tried to keep the carbs out of breakfast and I had no energy....ZERO!!! ZERO!!! Did I say ZERO???

Basically the last 3 mornings, I have had eggs and bacon. Wednesday I did have a piece of bread with poached eggs instead of scrambled. I think that piece of bread helped, just saying. I did eat out on Wednesday at 5 Guys. I took 1 bun off and had about 5 fries and some peanuts. Myfitnesspal calculated way over on carbs, but I didn't have the whole bun. Last night we ate at Costa Vida. I had a small chicken nachos with extra chicken. I basically ate chicken and a few chips dipped in queso. Not low cal by any means, but yummy just the same. I don't eat sour cream, guac, or pico, so I do save a few calories.
For lunch today I made a yummy steak and spinach salad, and dinner was  a shake and bake pork chop about 1/4 cup of potatoes with spinach and a bit of gravy. I did have dessert of strawberries, cool whip and candied pretzels. A good, satisfying and under calorie goal day.

I think I have a good plan for the weekend, so I am confidant that I will be successful. But any wishes of good luck are welcome:)

I will tell you what I love about the BFC. It fits me. I am so weird with my "taste buds" that I can eat my weird way and it works. Or it did, we will see!

I went to my grandsons last game of the season last night. I was so proud of how far he has come this year. He actually fielded the ball and threw out the runner at first 3x in a row! He also hit the first pitch his first 2 at bats and hit the pitcher in the "nuggers" his last at bat. He is only 5, well, he'll be 6 in a couple of weeks.

Life is good at K's house!
Blessings and happy scales....Woot to those of us who are still keeping on! No matter what plan we are doing, we have a common goal, to be healthy at a healthy weight....Right?

4 comments:

  1. Good girl for getting back on track. I am really trying too and even though I don't believe in giving up a food group, this no bread thing has helped me. I could never eat just a few nachos or even half the roll. It's better for me just to tell the server no roll. All or nothing. I really want to keep blogging because I need the connection with all of you. It's a commitment for sure and we all are so busy, but I don't want to cut the ties with everyone. It also helps me feel accountable in some way, that my friends want to know how things are going, as I want to know about how things are going with them. So keep on blogging girlfriend!! XO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are doing great and all your food is good too. You know me - I like my bread at least twice a s week. But I have no problem eating the healthy flour treats too. Yup BFC is the way to go. Have a good weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear you are coming back along- yay Kay! :) Good luck for your coming up week. I understand about not wanting to get on the scale, for lack of results. It keeps me motivated to be good, because I know how bad it gets when I'm naughty. If it's not going down when I'm good, it means other things are going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you've been Zumba-ing, that means you must be gaining muscle, which would account for a scale inching up, right? You mentioned strawberries. Fruit's been my biggest sore spot. I love strawberries and way overdo it when I have them. I also haven't been able to kick my nearly daily apple habit. I adore a slice of apple with a chunk of cheese and salami wrapped around it... Bread's not much of an issue for me. It just doesn't usually smell real appetizing, the mass-produced stuff anyway. Keep plugging along...

    ReplyDelete