So I am either allergic to my daughter, or she is a bad influence! Or I am just a glutton for punishment! Either way, whenever we get together I eat too much sugar and then I get sick. I got home Monday and I knew I was feeling rough, but I had no idea that I would cough myself 1/2 to death all night. I decided I had too much to do to be sick so I went to the Dr. and had a sinus infection and pink eye. Lovely pink eye! I remember telling my seat mate on the plane not to worry that I coughed a little and my eyes were pink, my daughter assured me it was just allergies. In case you don't know this: Allergies cause your eyes to be runny, pink eye causes them to be goopy. I didn't know that since I have never had allergies in my life and I guess I still don't. So what would the good news be out of my sickies? I was 140.9 this AM and I have pretty much cleaned out my system. I slept last night and hopefully tomorrow I will wake up and be totally healthy again. 10 days of anti biotics will hopefully knock out the nasties. My poor husband gets a sick wife back after being away for 2 weeks:( I will never go for 2 weeks again, not only did I eat way too much, I spent sooooo much money on stupid things, like food! UGH!!!
 |
| At the Hilton in Atlanta. This family is LOUD in a hotel. I was mortified! |
I just wanted to check in, I am too tired still to really think much! Pattie had asked our lifestyle commandments for food. Here's mine:
1. Sugar is toxic and I will avoid it. I will have a bite or 2 every once in awhile, but then I will get sick again....go figure!
2. I will always watch my carbs and try and eat what is best for me, but I won't give up my white bread. It isn't a realistic lifestyle choice for me.
3. I rarely drink diet soda, rarely!!! I love ice tea with Stevia in the raw
4. Calories do matter in my life. I can't eat too many day after day without gaining weight. I have said it many times, I do not gain weight by eating potatoes, I gain weight because I ate too many potatoes.
5. I eat potatoes!
That's all I can think of right now. I guess my top 2 would be the same BFC I have been practicing for a little over 2 years. 15/6.
Remember to tell the ones that you love that you love them. My Dear friend lost her Mom unexpectedly yesterday. I spent so much time with them when I was younger. It makes me very sad:(
Blessings and happy scales....
Sorry you are allergic to your daughter. LOL
ReplyDeleteBut look at that picture - such a beautiful family. Your commandments are great and look at how different we eat now compared to when we first started this journey. Have a great weekend. :-)
I love your commandments. Sorry you got sick and hope you feel better soon. I love your posts so glad you are home. Feel better soon! XO!
ReplyDeleteToo bad about getting sick, and I feel bad for your seat mate, lol! I totally agree that too much sugar lowers our immunity. At least the sun is finally out now. have a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteYour picture is so cute! Your daughter has your beautiful smile! Proud G'ma :-) Get better Pinky LOL.
ReplyDeleteDo you take vitamin D supplements? When I had my levels checked at my physical I was super low and the Dr. told me that low vitamin D is actually liked to all kinds of crazy things including immunity. She told me to take supplements because most of the year we don't get enough vitamin D from the sun.
ReplyDeleteYour family is so cute, I'm glad you had a good visit even if you ate too much sugar and spent too much money. Even though it must be hard having them away, getting out of Spokane for visits must be fun. Have a wonderful weekend. :)
Kay, your family is adorable! How wonderful that you get to see them fairly regularly and share the sweets, love and laughter! Love your blog, you are so funny!
ReplyDelete