Saturday, November 3, 2012

136.6 :)

Halloween with Cy
Gosh, I have been so lazy on blogging! I am lazy on responses to you guys too...sorry:( I read the blog, have good intentions, then I am too lazy to think of something to type! Crazy right?

The new family on Karson's birthday!
Well here is my vacation update! I got home and I had actually lost weight down to 135.8. I had lost 2.9 lbs! I had said on myfitnesspal that I may need to rent a 3 year old to chase around every once in awhile. I know the reason that I lost was because I was so much more active than I am at home. I have since gained almost a lb back, but I have resumed my laziness and have still not gone back to exercise. I was so excited to go to the Dr. last Monday about my bladder and they called and cancelled until this next Friday. I am just hesitant to exercise and hurt myself again. I have found it so easy and freeing to come home and get right back to BFC basics. I still fail a lot of the time to make good choices, but MOST of the time I do, and that is what counts. My pants feel better, I feel better. I think my sweet spot on weight is 132-135, I have some work to do.

I met a friend of my daughters' while in GA last year that had gastric bypass and had lost 75 lbs. This gal is only at the most 5'1 so that is a LOT of weight. This year she had lost all of her extra weight, I think over 100 lbs and was having her excess skin removed on Halloween. She looked amazing and without the skin I would guess she will be a size 0. Any-who...she put at least 10 packets of splenda in her coffee. I was shocked!!! They were just like spread out all around her cup? Not a giant coffee either??? So weird? My daughter gets "pissy" when I talk about sugar, so I didn't mention it? I am thinking she has an insatiable sweet tooth? Kayce said she is very disciplined in her eating so she is going to keep the weight off, but 10 packets of spenda??? My personal observation was that splenda did not keep her from losing all of her weight. It may be very bad for her, but that is her decision. I am in no way condoning splenda or artificial sweetener use, but as we see with Amber's sister, it sometimes fills the need. What is so weird for me is to take a bite of something that I previously LOVED and it tastes so sweet that it makes me pucker like sour. I bought some giant malt balls, I know-I know, but I love them and I wanted to share with my grandson. I took 1 bite and couldn't eat the other 1/2. It was just too....too... disgusting??? But I ate my whole pecan praline no problem? Weird?

I am going to try and bore everyone by posting more starting next week. I want to be accountable, and I want to encourage that there is life in the BFC even if we aren't perfect! And I don't want to gain over the HOliday's:)
Shock, surprise, happy:)
I love them:)
Konner pumpkin
Karson discovering he loves his brother!
Here's more pics....thanks for listening:) I LOVE MY BFC lifestyle!!!

7 comments:

  1. All your pictures look great. It sounds like you are doing good and awesome job on the weight. The problem with people who get the by-pass and lose all the weight is that if they don't eat healthy and not eat junk they always gain it all back. So our way is the best. Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay you could never bore us, we LOVE your posts! Your grandkids are adorable. Love the little pumpkin! Gastric Bypass is scary to me. It's altering your insides forever. I don't like that. I personally am trying to stay away from sucralose now, but I did eat it in many things for many years so no telling how it's messed me up. I think that's great that malt balls taste bad to you now. If only that could happen with all our old sugar and carb favorites - we'd be in business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - you are never boring! Keep it up - it's motivating the more of us post frequently. I wish I had more time to post these days, but I don't, so that is life, but it's good to hear from you! Great job on the weight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gastric Bypass is very sad to me and like Rosalie said is not the answer if you never change your mindset about food. I wish her all the best though :) I could eat that baby pumpkin (you know what I mean)!! So adorable ... almost makes you want another (almost being the operative word). Glad you are doing well Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home, I'm glad to hear you had a nice visit..and what a cute new baby you have! 10 packets of splenda, what is the point of drinking coffee if it's that sweet? Too bad Kaycee is not into hearing anything about low sugar, anyway welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kay!! I have been so bad about blogging and reading too. Just feel so busy and then I discovered Pinterest!! Oh, where have you been all my life Pinterest?? lol! I love it! You look beautiful, vibrant and healthy Kay!! I wouldnt shake a finger at 136.6! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kay! The baby is beautiful and it looks like you had a great time. I have had a hard time posting more than once a week. It's so busy around here. But I'm up a few too, and I don't like it one bit. So let's get back to our little support group of bloggers. It's all that keeps me going! Big hugs to you from me! XO

    ReplyDelete