Sunday, October 7, 2012

138.9 and a visible difference:)

Just a quick note to say that I although my weight isn't leaving as fast as I would like, it is leaving! I feel so much better. With today's weight I am now "only" 6 lbs over my low weight. I have not exercised in just over 3 weeks, so that could have something to do with the slow progress. I have basically stuck to the 15/6 for the last few weeks. It is so much easier when my husband is not home. I love him being here, but I love the simplicity of only worrying about what I am going to eat. I did over indulge yesterday with chips/salsa/mexican food, but progress!
My medical diagnosis was that I have a prolapsed bladder and no hernia. I am so much better pain wise and I knew the bladder part. I am going to try Zumba tomorrow and I am actually looking forward to it!
With only a week before I leave for GA, I realize I am not going to instantly lose the 6 lbs, but I have lost enough that I can see a visible difference in how I look and all of my jeans fit again, with a bit of muffin top:(
Note to self, don't help with yard work! Last night I was helping hubby clean up pine needles and went to move the yard waste bin...I didn't close the lid first and I don't know what happened, but in slow motion I fell  on my face! Well actually on my thumb, which initially felt broken, but got better quickly. I am very happy that I gave my husband a good laugh and I won't be doing yard work again soon. My husband was kind enough to point out that there is a warning on the inside of the bin to close the lid. The funny thing is a gal at my gym years ago fell in her bin and broke her arm, I never figured out how that could happen until last night. I am a danger in the yard!
Have a great week! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh Geeze that sounds like something that would happen to me. I am glad you are OK. And great job on getting back into the swing of the 15/6. I agree it is much easier when we are alone. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I would do better if I were alone but at least my family is on board with many of my changes. Glad to hear from you and glad your weight is down! Wish I could get back to the 130s- well maybe this is the week; if you can do it so can I!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often day dream about only cooking for myself (heck cleaning/laundry/you name it ... lol). It would be MUCH easier but alas ... I've got to feed the lot of them. They are pretty good though :) It's Thanksgiving here today and I'm having to make mashed potatoes for the boys and twice baked cauliflower for me - a little extra work but worth it. I made a wonderful smelling no wheat/no sugar pumpkin pie (for me since I'm the only one who likes pumpkin).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay - Have fun on your trip and with the family! Glad to hear you recovered quickly from your yard injury!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete