It's a beautiful day today and the sunshine makes everything sparkle! Love, love, love the sun:) We are headed to CouerdAlene ID today to walk in the sunshine and eat at my one of my FAVORITE places, Texas Roadhouse.
I weighed 140.4 this AM, that's the bad news:(
My husband took the new job:) That's the good news!
I promised to go back to Zumba and be healthier:) That's the best news!
Tomorrow is a new day, today is a beautiful day, every day is a gift. I am going to refocus and get this weight back off. I am going for a lb a week and trying to be back down to 133 by the time I leave for Alabama to watch my new grandchild be born. I know I can do it, or as Pattie say's....I think I can, I think I can:)
So potato chips has been the beginning of the end for me....I eat them before I go to bed at night. I finished the last bits Sunday night. My hubby came home from the store yesterday with 2 new bags!!!! I am like "WHAT?" He said he saw the empty bag in the garbage and thought I needed more. Is he a keeper or what?
Well according to Maria's nutritional counseling, the potato chips equal many teaspoons of sugar. Yikes!!!
I still don't eat "sugar" treats, but I eat a ton of chips! So I do eat sugar, just not traditional sugar. Wrap your head around that Kay!!!
I have to get my body ready for the Key Lime Pie ice cream I plan to consume when I visit my daughter! Oh and Chick Fil a....OMG, I can dream of them:) I can do this!
I am going to Zumba tomorrow. Really, this time I am. I am paying for a gym membership that I am not using. 3x in about 3 months is not good. That's 30.00 a class:(
Have a wonderful day everyone:) Blessings and happy scales....
Kind of puts it into perspective, doesn't it? 30.00 a class isn't really good, is it?
ReplyDeleteI h*te going out to eat at high weights. Texas Roadhouse at high weight is disaster. :) Of course, out to eat at low weight is bad too. I went out this weekend and am up pounds today. ;( It will come off, but now my progress is gone! boo..
Kay - I'm still lurking and reading blogs. I have to ask what Maria's nutritional counseling is. A website?
ReplyDeleteWhen I get thrown off my routine (not just eating routine), then I let other things slide (like my eating). I'm sure you have been thrown off by your husband's schedule changing. You'll will get back on track!
Kay, no - not potato chips! Hey do you like that Pirate's Booty? I've been having a handful of that every one in a while and it's pretty good, when you want something crunchy and salty. I was also reading the ingredients in Bugles and they use corn meal and coconut oil and 1 1/3 cups only has 18 carbs and 1 sugar. I wonder if they are OK for you. It's hard to tell these day.
ReplyDeleteThat's great news about your husband! Good luck with the Zumba!
Just finished explaining to my parents that ALL starch turns to sugar when you eat it (so you don't have to eat sugar to still do lots of metabolic damage). Wheat contains amylopectin A which readily turns to sugar even in your mouth from your saliva.
ReplyDeleteThe complex carbohydrate unique to wheat, amylopectin A, is another problem source. The branching structure of wheat’s amylopectin A is more digestible than the amylopectins B and C from rice, beans, and other starches (i.e., in their natural states, not the gluten-free dried pulverized starches). This explains why two slices of whole wheat bread increase blood sugar higher than table sugar, higher than a bowl of brown rice, higher than many candy bars. Having high blood sugars repeatedly is not good for health. It leads to accumulated visceral fat–a “wheat belly,” diabetes and pre-diabetes (defined, of course, as having higher blood sugars), not to mention cataracts, arthritis, and heart disease. http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/press-media/faqs/
You CAN do it :)