Saturday, August 4, 2012

Another wedding today!

We are going to another wedding this afternoon so I am being a total slug until it is time to get ready. I'm afraid it is going to be a scorcher at 4:30 in the afternoon and it is hot outside! Hot is good! Melted looking, not so good! I could not find a thing that was worth buying on our shopping excursion, so I am wearing a dress I bought for a wedding last year. Since I wanted a refresher course on what it looked like, I went back to my August of last year post to see. I was about 5 lbs heavier last August at this time, so this is definite progress!
I booked my flight to Georgia to welcome my new grandson in October. I am going for 2 weeks, 1 week before he is born, and 1 week after. I am really excited! Her induction date is October 19th. Because Karson was 9 lb 5 oz and had murconium(sp) they are inducing a week before her due date. That gives me something to look forward to! Woot!!!
I had mentioned on Dawn's blog that I am back to white bread, rolls, buns, etc. Yes I know it isn't a good thing, just being honest here! I did realize some interesting things this week though. I did go to Zumba on M, W, and Fri. I did not get to eat my morning potato, sausage and egg daily, I was STARVING!!! Seriously, I don't remember being that hungry all the time for a very long time. I was eating white rolls instead of potatoes and that could be the reason, but hunger was a daily thing. Weird!
Thank you for all of the suggestions for the coffee cake. I haven't made one yet, but I am still craving one. Hubby bought a huge container of blueberries and there is NO way I could eat all of them in time. I now need to figure out a blueberry cobbler or muffins, thus all of my posts on pinterest.
Well since I am a bore today, I will close with good wishes for all of you!
Blessings and happy scales:)
Added when I got home from the wedding! Dang I'm short!!!

8 comments:

  1. Have fun at the wedding! I bet you were hungry b/c you digest the rolls faster than the potatoes - you've always said that you didn't have trouble with potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right, the potato hangs out with me way longer.

      Delete
  2. Have a good time, And how exciting about the new grandson. Maybe Dawn is right about the bread vs the potato thing. I admire you that you go to zumba. I hope you have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good time. I bet you feel great in that dress since you are a little smaller this time wearing it. It's amazing how much of a difference 5 lbs. make at that weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're petite, cute, and look great in that dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet:) I really am not as short as I look in this picture! I was wearing flats and everyone else had heals.

      Delete
  5. Kay, catching up here. Georgia in October will be wonderful! Weddings are so fun, I wish someone was getting married around here! You all look fabulous! Were these your pool friends because you all look so tan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not pool friends (lifetime), but 3 have lake places and 1 is a landscaper at a Country Club. The 2 "fair" complected will probably look younger than the rest of us in a few years! We grew up loving the sun and since it is such a short summer season, we may over do it a bit!

    ReplyDelete