Thursday, March 15, 2012

Recovering from Zumba:)

So I finally went to Zumba yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks. I really payed for it the rest of the day! I was so sore, I mean really sore. The only good thing about it is my friend texted me that she was dying too...you know how misery loves company? It was reassuring to know I wasn't the only one hurting. I am going again tomorrow. I am hoping I can get my butt back to the gym on a more regular basis. Our weather has been so awful that it makes it hard to even get out of bed!
Our Gonzaga team is playing in Pennsylvania, are you girls paying attention to basketball? I'm sure it is a big state and may not be close to you.
My weight is holding and I feel like I have a grip on maintenance. We went to The Texas Roadhouse yesterday and it was AMAZING!!! Using myfitnesspal, it doesn't look like I do too bad, but I could never count how many peanuts I ate, so I forgot to even put those in. Why is it so fun to go somewhere that has free peanuts and go crazy? I ate the leftovers today and they are just as good day 2.
Tomorrow night I am going to a small High School reunion get together (37 years in June). I am excited to see "in person" all of the fun people that I have reconnected with on facebook. My husband is NOT excited about going and has only offered to drop me off. I am going to try and change his mind, but it is not looking promising. It does feel good to not worry about what I am going to wear because "nothing fits". It all fits, and it feels good. There is comfort in not worrying about how "fat" I look. I am in no way skinny, I am well aware of that, but I do feel like I have come a long way and I feel "comforatable".  I wish that "feeling" for all of my blogger buddies! I didn't even go out and buy something new to wear, or something expensive to wear....believe me, that is what I used to do. This time last year in fact, I was 30 pounds heavier having just started this journey. Every event that I went to, I had something new to wear so I would feel better.
I have some really happy news! My daughter Kayce has been preggars 3 times and for unknown reasons they pregnancies have not progressed. Yesterday she had an ultrasound and heard and saw our new babies heartbeat. She is still only 7 weeks along and I don't want to get too excited yet, but I am, and it feels good! I am trying to get my husband to commit to going to Georgia to visit for 2 weeks at the end of May. Her husband will be at Ranger school and has no contact with her for 62 days. They actually just bought a house there, I will attach the picture....obviously way different than my first house....and certainly not what I lived in when I was 25 years old! Well...she will be 26 in May:)
My daughter's new house:)
They actually bought in Alabama because you get so much more bang for your buck. It is close to Ft. Benning so it will be convenient for her hubby. It is the perfect size for visitors! Blessings and happy scales!

10 comments:

  1. I have yet to try Zumba and I dont have much coordination either. My daughter said I should give it a try because there are a lot of people who are not great at it either and it is a great workout. I love your daughters house and I pray that all goes well with her pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kay! Good for you Zumba Girl! Best wishes for your daughters pregnancy, how exciting! I always look forward to reading your lively posts and I do read them all! I remember that you have been looking for jeans that fit you "just right" and I just learned about INDY jeans(www.indicustom.com) which are custom made for your figure and have rave reviews. The jeans are $$$ and are on SPECIAL for $$ right now through Mamasource: http://deals.mamapedia.com/deals/indi-jeans-march2012?ref_data=indi-jeans-march2012&ref_id=285877&ref_type=bw3
    Actress Helen Mirren wears these and loves them! Hugs! Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the links! I already looked started looking to build a pair. Pretty exciting!

      Delete
  3. LOVE Zumba, but haven't been in a long while. Gotta get my behind back!
    CONGRATULATIONS on the baby news! So exciting to have new baby cheekers to smooch on (((squeel))) and SUCH a lovely house!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice feeling to go to your reunion feeling fit! The last sort of reunion ( a wedding) I had that same feeling. It's good. have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Kay, I know that zumba kicked your butt after wks of not doing it. I don't think I could do that every day - but then I'm lazy - so.
    I DO wish all the best for your daughter baby and house.
    What a feeling for you to go to the reunion feeling and looking so great. Have fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to try zumba. Can't find it anywhere nearby. Love the house and congrats on the new baby to be. Hope all goes well for your daughter. Sending love !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so exciting about your daughter!! What a beautiful house! Maybe I should move to Alabama, lol! I know what you mean about the exercise, once you stop for awhile it's so hard to get back to doing it. I have to start up my kettle-bells again but just haven't got motivated. Have a wonderful time at the reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always think Zumba would be great - Im hippy! I went running with a group of friends today and it was the BEST and HARDEST workout ever! So much better with friends to suffer through it! The house is beautiful and looks like they have a great lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Kay!
    Good girl for getting back to Zumba! I know you love it so (heres some hard love)quit making excuses & just go!!! YOu always feel so much better after you do it. I know personally, when I get to the gym for a good workout, I always feel so much better. Lately, I have gone MAYBE once a week. Pathetic considering what I am paying for my membership. My butt is gonna be there today...NO EXCUSES! At 10am, Will & Grace is on (2 episodes! I LOVE Will & Grace!!!)so thats my elliptical time. I need to work on the core cuz my lower body is getting quite thin (believe it or not!) its this darned middle thats that thorn in my side! (no pun intended!)
    Your daughters home is lovely!!! My first home was nothing like that either. It must be a great feeling when you see your adult children doing well. :)Prayers for her pregnancy to progress & have a healthy happy babe.
    Have a great time at your reunion and you are def gonna look like a million bucks!!! AS far as the hubs goes, just let him drop you off. I dont take my hubby to my reunions and I dont go to his. There is a 6 yr age difference and we both feel out of place @ each others reunions. You will have a great time and he will be happier too. Just my 2 cents whether you wanted it or not! haha!
    Love ya!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete