Friday, March 2, 2012

Comfort!

As I sit here at 9:30 AM knowing that I FAILED to go to Zumba again, I reflect on how each of us, in our own way, are so much the same! I just read everyone's blog for the morning....Rosalie and her hubby going through the car shopping. My hubby and I were not speaking when we went to bed last night because of car shopping. I want to travel, get granite counter tops, new furniture, play...with "his" new found freedom, and he wants an expensive car that he will always have an excuse of not to drive if the weather conditions aren't perfect. We live in WA state, the weather is never perfect! I have said this before, but it bears repeating, my car is a 2008 and has 13,000 miles...his beloved Mustang is a 2003 and has 4000 miles. Can you see where I am coming from here? His work van has many, many miles that we have put on for personal use, but it wasn't "ours". Although I have to say there is not a ding, nick or boo boo on that van either because he even parks it a block away from where ever we go. Obsession!!!! Which is good, but bad, but good, but bad!!! So here we are, his first days of freedom, fighting! I think I'm right, he thinks he is.
Pattie's post about the elephants? What invisible barrier is holding me back? I feel like I look OK, I love Zumba once I get there, I am doing good with my food....why can't I get my butt moving??? What is holding me back? The fear of being fit?
Jeri's post about "Mojo". I think I lost a lot of mine after the first 6 months of being unemployed. I am loving it now, but I lost a piece of me. Am I mentally preparing myself for when that happens to my husband? The one person that ALWAYS makes me feel good about myself is my husband. What if  he quits feeling good and doesn't have the energy to encourage me too? Scary....Will I be there for myself? I am certainly not going to get it from the 4 selfish, but good kids I raised. Selfish in not seeing the turmoil in their Mom. Well...I choose not to see the turmoil in my mom? Karma as Rosalie so simply states?
My weight was 134 today, I am good with that. I really believe this may be a good weight for me and I need to "get over myself" as my husband would say.
Blessings and happy scales to all...Wish me luck...I think we are car shopping again today too:( The van has to be parked at 5:00PM and all insurance etc. will be removed...whatever!!! WE ARE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Its funny how all of our posts have something in common today. Well we are done with the car stuff - Thank Goodness. I can't do that anymore and I am sorry that you still have to. Bring snacks and try to not argue. Thats my advice. And I think you look beautiful just the way you are. Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay - I can totally relate to your thought "What is holding me back? The fear of being fit?" I feel like that's why I keep changing around what eating plan I think I need to follow instead of jumping in with both feet! In my case, I know it's me holding me back. Grrrr.....

    Good luck with the car/counter top/new furniture/etc. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you and your husband are not seeing eye to eye on the car. I hope you can find a middle ground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 134 is a great number - just look at your flat tummy! ;) Good luck with the car stuff. blech.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do look great Kay. I'm sorry you're struggling with the car stuff...it's a big purchase, so I can understand your concerns. You and your cheerleader :) will figure it out.
    I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee I'm with you Kay. I'd rather travel, fix up the house, or see a broadway play, instead of sinking a ton of money into a car. We've always bought dependable used vehicles over here and then drive them until they die! To me it's just a way to get from one spot to another, and nowadays it's also about trying not to use so much gas. It's getting so ridiculously expensive!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kay I agree with you about wanting to fix up the house and travel, but I do like cars too! But it sounds like you have 2 really good ones already, so do you really need a third. I say this as I currently have 6 cars! My husband and I lease ours, but each of my kids have one and then somehow there is a spare. We own them all, but right now two are sitting in my driveway because my son can't have a car in New York. I really have to do something about it soon. I should turn in the leased ones and drive the other two. But like I said, I do like new cars. Anyway, don't be so hard on yourself about missing zumba. It's winter and you can be alittle lazy. You didn't get this far in your weight loss because you were lazy all the time. Sending you love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so weird how fear holds us back and we really don't even know it is happening. You'll figure out all Kay! Sending good karma up north to you today!

    ReplyDelete