Friday, March 23, 2012

In recovery for my peanut addiction!!!

All joking aside, my peanuts caught up with me yesterday! I had a very upset tummy all afternoon- through bedtime. The thought of eating peanuts right now, yuck!!! My husband couldn't bear to be in the same room with me, heck I couldn't bear to be in the same room with me! I am breaking up with peanuts like I did my bacon many months ago! Hopefully my crunchy peanut butter will not have the same effect.
I am very proud of the fact that I did go to Zumba on Monday and Wednesday! I could barely lift my arms on Wednesday afternoon. How pathetic that I let myself get this out of shape again...AGAIN!!! When will I learn? I didn't go today because I went to see The Hunger Games instead. It was awesome! I loved the book trilogy. A little disappointed in the movie version, but I realize there just isn't enough time in a movie to portray a full book. But it was still a good movie!!!
I got my Coconut flour/oil yesterday. I am excited to use it. How do you store coconut flour? I have my flax meal in the freezer, do I put the coconut flour in there too?

Jump Kitty, jump!

Here's a picture of my Kitty playing with my husband. It is really blurry, but you get the gist! She was jumping and catching a blue fluffy ball.

I also wanted to say that I am really, really loving my Ideal sugar, or Kroger brand that is way less expensive. It is not zero calorie, and it is 99% Xylitol and 1% sucralose, so it is technically belly bad, but I am a rebel and it is amazing. I have been making the chocolate no bakes and my husband eats them faster than I do. Truly, cooks up like real sugar with no bitter aftertaste. I have not gained any weight or craved extra sweet things since I started using it several months ago. Just saying for the people that can't wrap their taste buds around Stevia or Truvia. I still use Stevia in my coffee and tea though. It is way cheaper to buy it by the big bag!!! I only use packets now for my purse, for when we eat out.
I hope everyone has an amazing Belly Good weekend! I am a happy Belly good girl...as long as I stay away from peanuts for awhile:)
Blessings and happy scales!!!
If anyone wants to friend me on myfitnesspal.com and see what I eat every day, my user name is kayzfam. I have logged in and completed my diary for over a month! I don't ever put my ice tea on there though...just saying:)

10 comments:

  1. I keep my coconut flour, almond flour, and flax meal in the fridge. I am still playing around with recipes though...haven't found a great one yet. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope you enjoy your coconut flour creations. :) I keep all of my flours in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kay - You crack me up when you say you are a rebel! Everything you do seems to work for you and I think that right there is the best eating plan! Curious why you gave up bacon?

    Congrats to your daughter and her family on the house purchase - looks beautiful. And congrats on her growing family. Sending positive thoughts for a healthy pregnancy.

    Also, who has the recipe posted for the chocolate no bakes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only gave up bacon because I ate too much and got sick on it too. I still eat it, but not every day like I did in the beginning. There is nothing wrong with my beloved bacon:)
      The no bake recipe is here:
      http://heartofacountryhome.wordpress.com/2010/11/23/chocolate-oatmeal-no-bake-cookies-sugar-free/
      I just realized when reading it back through that I have only been using a 1/4 cup of almond milk. And I boil them for a full 2 minutes. I also only use 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal and 1 TBS Peanut Butter. I think today I will use the 1/2 cup UVAM and more oatmeal and it may make more. So follow the recipe, not my notes....and make sure and boil them long enough. I let them set in the fridge and store them there too.
      And thank you for the good wishes:)

      Delete
    2. Oh and don't use Splenda...Splenda is BAD!!!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the link and notes! The cookies look great.

      Ahhh - I understand now on the bacon!

      Delete
  4. Hi Kay, I keep my almond, coconuts flours and chia seeds, flaxseed all in the fridge. coconut oil in the pantry.
    Great job on the zumba and I really don't eat peanuts sinc I started the BFC - just peanut butter, which I love!!
    Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep all my stuff in the fridge too, and the coconut oil in the cabinet. Keep on zumbaing! Sending love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kay!
    Oh how overindulging always catches up with us! lol. Hope your tummy is feeling better.
    What is everyone doing with the coconut oil??? Just curious. I am hearing raves about howw good it is for us.
    Hope all is well.
    Hugs to you!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peanuts always seem to catch up with me, too, sooner or later. Wish it was right away, maybe I'd give them up then. :)

    ReplyDelete