Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Saturday!

Good evening my friends! Since my husband is watching his Gonzaga Basketball game, I thought I would blog. Today was a great day. I started the morning with an omelette made with turkey, roma tomatoes and Monterey Jack cheese. Yummy! I learned how to make omelettes easily from Rosalie. I believe it was pour/ flip and fold? Why does omelette keep telling me it is spelled wrong? My hubby loved it too. Perkins used to have a Country Club omelette that was similar. We went to Perkins for dinner on Thursday because we were out and about, and my husband loves their pancakes. He used 1/2 a pitcher of berry syrup and 1/2 a pitcher of the warm maple. (He said to tell you that he uses them intermittently not at the same time) He LOVES his syrup. When we go to Cracker Barrel, he goes through at least 4 little bottles! Crazy:)
We did go car shopping today, but I think I am winning the battle. We drove the car that he thought would be amazing, I thought it was amazing...and he didn't! Perfect! As long as one of us says no, we are safe:)
I also found a microwave egg poacher like Rosalie has. I haven't made one yet, but I am excited to try it. I still haven't used my square muffin pan like she and Dawn have. I was so excited to get it and then I don't use it? I haven't even opened my almond flour yet! Get after it girl!
I got the most AMAZING K kups today. I loved the Hazelnut, so I bought Butter Toffee...OMG! It tastes like Irish Cream coffee. I am loving the variety! We went to Macy's today and the clothes for Spring are BIZARRE!!! I am finding very little that I am willing to spend money on. I guess I will just continue to wear black every day.
When I was looking at the food processors at Macy's I was talking to the little gal that works there and she has lost 50 lbs over the last 2 years. She was shorter than I am, I would guess maybe 5'. She looked adorable. She is a vegetarian and doesn't even eat eggs? She plans to start taking gluten out of her diet too. 50 lbs on someone that short is amazing!!! On anyone is amazing!
So does everyone have a food processor? Do you use it enough to warrant buying one? They are so big and I don't want it sitting on the counter all the time. What size do you have? I want to make bread dough in mine, so I want to make sure it is big enough? If my husband is going to be home all the time, we have got to get a grip on the eating out. We have had restaurant food W, Th, Fr, and today....and we will probably have our usual KFC tomorrow! Talk about a waste of money? And walking a fine line with BFC!
Have a wonderful and Blessed Sunday........tomorrow is the funeral of my ex stepson. I am not going, but I am donating to his memorial fund. I had to have my husband pick the card out because it was just too sad to read them. Pattie, you were in my thoughts. So, so senseless:(

11 comments:

  1. Kay, I was MIA when you were writing about your ex-stepson and I wanted to tell you how sorry I am to hear of his death. Senseless is right and so, so sad. I hate to hear about any young deaths.
    Sounds like you and your husband are having a fun time shopping and just enjoying each other's company! It must feel so good after the long worrisome time you had.
    I have a medium sized food processor that I keep in my kitchen pantry. I use it fairly often but have never made bread dough in it. It's a good size though, I'll have to look and see what brand it is - think I bought it at Target. I use my kitchen aide mixer with dough hook for making bread/pizza dough.
    Hope your snow is all gone by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a food processor, and I love it. I have the large sized one from Costco (yes, I buy everything there) and it's great! I haven't made regular bread dough in it yet, because I also have a kitchen aid, which is great for dough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Dawn I love my food processor and kitchen aid. If you like to cook they're a good purchase. I've had mine for years.
    I know you'll be thinking of this young man and his family...so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Girl,

    I never had a food processor until like a year ago. I never thought I would use it, But I now use it all the time, especially now that I am making coconut and almond flour baked goods. You really should use the square pan to make some of those Sinful Cinnamon cakes with the almond flour. Good!!
    I am so glad that you are both speaking again about the car stuff :-)
    and so sorry about your step-son :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a food processor that hubby got for me at an estate sale, I love it I only wish it was bigger. I am so sorry about your step-son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Just read the majority of your whole blog from beginning to end. I was glad to read all that you ate & went out a lot. Sounds similar to my life style. I just purchase the BFC book and then the S/C counter book. I truly hope I have the success you have had. I live in Gig Harbor, WA --so not to far. I have just also found a walking partner--we've been walking for about 3 weeks now. In a medical building that has 3 floors, stairs too! I cannot handle the cold and this is free verses the Y. Thank you for sharing, been reading a few blogs to see if this can really work for me--you've proven that it can. :) Lonnda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lonnda for reading my blog! The first thing I thought of was "oh gosh, how many of my blogs were actually about the BFC:)" This lifestyle works perfectly for me, but it helps to have the right mental attitude too. I would love to answer questions or help out.
      Gig Harbor is over on the coast right? Rainy weather:) It is so windy today I am expecting the power to go out at any moment.

      Delete
    2. your blog was perfect for me--in fact I can't wait for the pepperoni, salami & mozzarella sandwich. I don't care for the thins-I am going to get rudi's buns.
      Also, Gig Harbor is between Bremerton & Tacoma. I grew up in Bremerton, my dad retired from PSNS. I saw you mention your daughter was in Bremerton for a short period.
      Anyway, yes I am going to use your blog as a reference. Out of all I have read so far, its closest to my life style. thanks, lp

      Delete
    3. Kay - I too had read through all of your blogs before I asked you to post what you typically eat (thanks again for doing that). I certainly didn't expect all of your blogs to be only about BFC and frankly, enjoyed that they also included you being you. Thank you for that!

      Delete
  7. Hello Kay! I'm not sure (ever) whether to respond to you on my blog or yours! LOL. So I'm going to put this in both places.

    My son is trying to revert back to the old ways of eating - unlimited carbs, unlimited sugars. It is hard because his other brothers are skinny and have a different metabolism, so I don't restrict their eating. I know, unfair, but I have to do it! He is up a little with his weight, too, but hopefully it will come back down (or at least stay where it is.)

    I do wish I didn't have to think about it so much. It's my goal for sure. :) Honestly, I think I may need to focus more on the calories right now than the sugar/carbs. It's when I don't look at anything that I get in trouble. :)

    I actually do use regular chocolate chips in my flax muffin and other baked goods. I never found sugar free, and so rather than go without, I make do with less. It's worked so far, for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not going to stop blogging. :) And, I actually have the original BFC book out on my counter as we 'speak.' I think you have a good idea - I will re read the beginning this week. I am already down one of those darned pounds. Hopefully the other one will be gone by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete