Saturday, January 7, 2012

My thoughts are with Pattie.

My heart is so sad for Pattie. I know it feels like when you lose someone, you see everyone else out there enjoying life, laughing, and you just want to scream..."don't you know I just lost someone I love?" So for Pattie, you are not far from my thoughts. I also shared the story with my husband, showed him Beth's picture, shared your sadness. My prayers are with all of you.

It feels strange to talk about mundane things, but I know life goes on. So here is my 2 cents of thoughts.
Pecan cookies
This morning I weighed 136 lbs!!! On Thursday we went to the Texas Road House for dinner and I could not quit eating. I ate tons of peanuts...tons!!! I had ribs, rolls, mashed potatoes and a couple of bites of caesar salad. The left overs I ate on Friday...and then I ate, and I ate, and I ate, and I ate some more. About 7:00PM I ate some of these cookies that I found at Trader Joe's. And then I ate some more....I think I ate 12 of them before I cut myself off. It was like I was a bottomless pit.
Today I woke up with a realization that I needed to get a grip! I have been pretty darn good all day and hopefully my system will be better soon. If I had stopped at 4 cookies, it wouldn't have been too bad. I don't think I have been that ravenous since I started the BFC and certainly not for something with sugar in it. Weird:) I keep the cookies in the freezer and eat them 3 at a time.
Yummy potato soup
So we did not go out today. I wanted to stay home and regroup. It is typically date dinner, that is the LAST thing I wanted! So I made my potato soup! I started adding some red pepper flakes and it gives it some zip.
Tomorrow we are going to my husband's family to finally celebrate Christmas. It will be about 8 hours in the car:( Yuck! But, I will be happy to see the family and enjoy the day.
I am excited for Monday and my commitment to get back to normal! Hubby goes back to work Monday, my distraction will be gone. We did see 2 movies this week. 1 was free....thank goodness since it was awful.
The adventures of Tin Tin 3D. I guess it wasn't awful, but close. The second one was the Mission Impossible 3. We were going to do the Imax like Rosalie did, but there is a theatre 4 minutes from our house so we just watched there. I swear there was one part that my hands were dripping from tension. I really enjoyed the movie, I would even watch it again.
Blessings and happy scales:)

6 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to say the scale was back down to 135 today! Phwew!!! I was an eating machine for 2 day! Thank goodness it didn't leave lasting effects!
    Have a great day everyone. We are off to our last Christmas celebration and of course it snowed:( The roads should be fun to navigate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you--anything in the 130's looks fabulous to me! And travel safe.
    I need you all to keep talking about the "mundane" :). We're helping each other enjoy greater health and wellness. I think this self-care is a way of honoring the blessing of being here and having this amazing life to live...so talk away Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay, what in the world are you doing! Stop with the carbs!! I'm glad things will go back to normal for you this week. I think we need our routines more than we think. Also, glad the scale was back down today. Of course like Jeri said, anything in the 130's sounds great to me also! Hope your road trip is safe and the long journey isn't too bad. Enjoy your final Christmas celebration!
    PS: I was really looking forward to Tin Tin, bummed to hear you didn't like it. Apparently the comics are sort of a phenomenon in Europe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay, I've had days like that myself. It happens, and then you have to just move on. Good for you for acknowledging the days. That helps with getting back on track sometimes.

    Hope you have a great Christmas celebration and enjoy the day! I love the potato soup - wish I had some taters and I'd make it *right* *now.*

    I loved Mission Impossible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kay. Thank you for keeping me and my family in your thoughts. I'm trying to catch up a bit,but I am so behind in life, so reading the blogs is alittle hard. I needed a break from things, and I'm happy to check in with you. You will get back in a routine, so don't sweat it. I now know first hand, not to sweat the small stuff. BIg hugs to you from me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay, I just popped on and saw your post about Pattie which I was so sad to read about her blog. It is times like that when we really do need each other. I hope you enjoy the time with your family and glad that your over eating did not cause to much problems. Hope you are having a Happy New Year so far...I am really trying to figure myself out this year and why I seem to let my emotions rule my eating. Hope to be back to blogging soon.

    ReplyDelete