 |
Learned how to do this from Rosalie!
|
First let me say that I have gotten a grip on my out of control sugar binge. I removed all temptation from my world, but I want to follow up what Rosalie blogged... I have still been able to eat about 80% of the things I used to eat and still lose weight, because I follow the 15/6 as closely as possible 95% of the time. Take away everything that we have learned about weight loss, bad foods etc. I don't know if you have been watching "live with Kelly" this week (food makeovers for weight loss), but Jorge was on Monday I think. Since then everything they have said for the most part is in direct opposition of what the BFC allows. I have been able to lose back down to 134, (all time low 132.9 but during an extremely stressful time) and I even went to The Olive Garden on Tuesday and had the Chicken Parm and Zuppa soup. I put everything into myfitnesspal and I did not really go over for the day. It is portion control and mind set. I simply do not eat as much or as often as I used to. I went out to lunch again today and had a bacon burger (no cheese) and fries. I ate about 10 fries with tarter, 1/2 my burger, 1/2 the bun and all the bacon. I was completely satisfied. (except that it was an overprice "yuppy" restaurant) For dinner I had a pork cutlet and a spinach salad with ranch. Yesterday I really cut my carbs back because I knew I had been overdoing it, so that felt good to know I was in control and did not crave anything. I am loving myfitnesspal. I don't really like seeing the amount of sodium I consume a day:( That's bad, but I will work on that gradually. So the moral of the story is, you can still have a life with food!!!
Here is a sad story:( My sister, even though she has seen the success I have had, went to a weight loss spa a month ago and paid 2300.00 Yes you read that right, 2300.00 (refer to my comment about Oprah and if there was an easy way, she wouldn't be heavy) She has only lost 8 lbs in 1 month. She is so pi$$ed that once again she got caught up in the hype and wanted an easy way. She had gastric bypass surgery several years ago and has regained a good portion of her weight. Long story, sad ending. I am so sad for her, but she did it! Her husband is heavy and he has been doing BFC since Monday. When I talked to him last night he had lost more weight in 3 days that he ever imagined he could. I am excited for him, but sad for my sister. She will start BFC when she finishes the pre packaged food that she bought from this place. To add insult to injury, she still owes another 400.00. CRAZY!!!
I do not drink alcohol of any kind so I do think that helps too.
I do know these small weight fluctuations are NOT healthy and I need to get to a weight and stay there. I think where I am is kind of doable, but am thinking if I could get to 130 eventually I would buy some jeans that are around 200.00 a pair! Woot!!! I actually saw Amber's new jeans at a little boutique today. They are spendy little buggers too! Amber:)
Blessings and happy scales from a very happy BFC girl! I am back in control ladies!!!
P.S. I was up to 136.7 after the weekend:(
ReplyDeleteLook at you Kay-you've figured out what works for you. There's hope for us all!
ReplyDeleteGood job getting your eating back until control so quickly! Waiting to see a picture of you in those $200 jeans. ;)
ReplyDeleteGreat job Kay! I am so glad you have hit on the right way to eat for you - that is so key!
ReplyDeleteYou know what Kay? Its all abbout finding that balance in your life and figuring out what works for you. You have fine tuned the BFC to your lifestyle and I think that staying with 2-3#s of your goal weight is an ok thing. I cant imagine what I would look like in the 130s becuase I havent seen those numbers since I was in 9th grade! I think that I will be happy btween 140-150#. I will know when I get there though.
ReplyDeleteWhat a shame about your sister. I know so many ppl who have had gastric bypass & gained all or the majority of their weight back. It isnt a cure all and what a price she has had to pay in her lifetime to be thin. You are a great example and hpefully she will follow in your footsteps & get her life under control. I remember being 218# & feeling very out of control. Its a terrible place to be and a very sad place to be.
Have a great weekend!
Hi Kay, you are right this is a balance act. Once we get to where we want to be - you can't eat like we did before.
ReplyDeleteMy weight goes up and down at least 2 lbs every day. so just allow for that.
Next time when you go out, have a burger w/cheese and have them wrap it in lettuce, then eat like 10 fries. That's what I do and never feel guilty, just skip the bun. The chicken Parm might not have been the best choice because of the breading and sauce.
Look at your happy me picture...You look great and are so beautiful just the way you are.
Have a great day :-)
Kay great job getting you eating back in control....you look great. Glad to hear your brother n law is on track with the BFC and I am sure your sister will follow soon. Hope you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteI know they were super pricey, Eek! But I still think they were worth it! I think I paid around $150ish. But the two pairs of Gap jeans that weren't even as good were more. At least that is how I'm justifying. Saw Jorge on Kelly and I do like some of the things The F-Factor author says too. She is how I found the GG Crispbreads. You are doing awesome Kay!
ReplyDelete