Monday, December 12, 2011

Hi Kay, jorge cruise mentioned you in a comment. jorge cruise wrote: "CONGRATS Kay M Rasmussen!!"

Woo hoo!!! Isn't that just the coolest:) It was probably Jorge's assistant, but I will take it! I was going to blog daily and boy did I get off track! I was at 133.8 this AM, so that is up just under lb. That's OK, I was up 2 lbs yesterday. It hasn't been because of changing my eating patterns, although I did eat 3 of the molasses cookies. I think it was the exercise. Truly. I went to Zumba 3x last week and I think that our muscles retain water if we don't stretch properly, which I don't, and it just took the weekend to get the fluids back out. I even had to notch up my belt a hole. When I was at my low last Monday, I hadn't worked out more than 4x in 2 months. So....exercise is worth it, but if you see the scale go up a little, hold on, it will come back down!
I hope everyone is getting ready for Christmas? Our house isn't even decorated yet:( Today for sure! My husband is on vacation now, he doesn't have to go back to work until the first week of January. Woo hoo!!! I am really glad that we can shop during the week when it won't be as crazy out!
We are taking lunch to my little sis today at the nursing home, oh joy:( We went to visit on Saturday but she was asleep. What a sad, depressing place they are.
My ex Navy Sailor daughter is in full "witch" mode and should be out of the Navy forever by Friday. She's mad at me for suggesting that she start her own cell phone plan instead of committing my husband and me for 2 years. She is 23 years old, will be 24 in 4 months...Was that unreasonable? I can feel the acid bubbling in my tummy already.
Have a great Monday everyone! I am headed to Zumba this AM. I am so glad to be back in the exercise mode. It really does help my mental attitude. That and that we have been COLD, but no snow!!! Yay!!! I don't like snow:(
Blessings and happy scales!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kay, That is great about Jorge. It's nice to be noticed.
    Try to have a good time with your visit. And about your daughter, they need to learn to not be so dependent on us. You were right to suggest that.
    Great job on your weight.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat about the Jorge comments! Hope lunch goes well today. And Zumba, zumba!! I am going out to Curves tonight, yay! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool Kay! Looks like he is using FB much more lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time for your daughter to grow up & pay her own bills. Thats what grown ups do...they dont rely on their parents to pay for their things. YOu werent out of line at all!
    Have a great day Skinnie Minnie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kay. Glad Jorge mentioned you. Regarding the cell phone, I don't know about in your area, but we have Verizon and they just changed all their plans. We have the family plan and all three of my boys are on it. We are grandfathered so we all have unlimited data usage. With any new plan, that will change, and all data downloads ( which all the smart phones use) will be charged. So my son asked if we could keep him on our family plan since it is so much cheaper. He said he will pay us. So for my family, it is better and cheaper to leave things the way they are. Anyway, I'm glad your daughter is home safe and sound. Good luck, and congrats on keeping that weight down. Hugs from me to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey congrats on the shout out!
    Yes, I'm glad your daughter is home safe, no surprise there will be an adjustment period? So much easier when they were younger, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome Kay!!!! I think it's reasonalbe to ask Taryn to get her own plan, it may be cheaper for her to be on yours but having her own plan in the grown up thing to do. Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so good to get back in Zumba! My son just recently got his own phone service thank goodness. He is 22 and still living at home. He wanted a smart phone with all the bells and whistles so he found a good Black Friday deal on the phone and then went with Vigin Mobile service because it is a pay as you go and you don't get stuck in a two year contract. For unlimited data, & messaging plus 1500 minutes I think he pays $45,00/month. Maybe she could do one of those pay-as-you-go plans so that if she finds herself hard up for money she won't be stuck in a two year plan with a huge kick out fee.

    ReplyDelete