Thursday, December 29, 2011

Good Thursday everyone! 135 this AM!

My kids when they were little and cute:)
I wanted to share a few things I was thinking about today. I went through some old papers and some notebooks and found all of my beginning BFC journals. It was fun to read through and see the excitement as I was successful and felt better! I also am excited to use them again for ideas when I get back on track. I have been on a mini vacation from the BFC! I think it is a good thing to do once in awhile to fool our metabolism into thinking we are not trying to lose weight, so hahahahaha metabolism! I am not adding sugar back, I don't want to have to detox on that again, but I am eating too many carbs:( The scale has caught up with me a little bit, but so has elimination issues from eating bad. I figure I will clear out eventually. The muscle relaxants that I was taking cause constipation:( Ugh! TMI
Another thing is to ask if everyone has checked out the Can you stay for dinner blog?http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/ It is so amazing. Right now she is answering questions from readers and today's post was really good. It talks about running/walking and calories burned. Feeling so hungry after exercise and how to deal with it. Exercise alone will never make us thin.
Another thing is the coconut flour. I do want to try it again and I found this website:

...http://www.simplycoconut.com/Coco%20Flour%20Recipes.pdf

Same house with zoom:)
House far away with red and white lights 
For coconut flour recipes. I found it interesting because most of the recipes call for "sifted" coconut flour. I know several of us discovered that the coconut flour made for really dry treats without adding  more eggs or more liquid. Maybe sifting the flour would make it better? Just a thought. I am going to get some more coconut flour when I get back on the wagon:) No bulk bin for me this time, I am getting the Red Mill or whatever the name is.
I got my camera about 4:30 today and had to wait 90 minutes for the battery to charge. I love the quality of pics so far. I wish I knew more. Maybe that will be a New Years Resolution. Learn something about my camera:)
It was very inexpensive as camera's go. I can use it in 3 weeks when I go to Georgia to visit.
Oh, and that's my head in the picture on the left. I was too lazy to walk over to the front door and open it and take the picture so it wouldn't glare off the window!
More proof that I am a dork:)
My hubby washed my car today. It was 43 and  no snow. We are getting really spoiled. It's supposed to rain tomorrow of course. I am going to Zumba tomorrow...I am going to Zumba tomorrow....I am going to Zumba tomorrow:) If I keep telling myself I am going, I will go right?
Thank you all for the nice comments. We are very lucky to have one another to share our days with!
Blessings and Happy Scales! And because it makes me feel good when I read it from others....Hugs to all of you too:)

8 comments:

  1. Hey Kay, that's one thing I'm gonna work on in the new year, good after workout snacks, something not too high in calories, but won't cause toxic hunger either. Now that you've mentioned Zumba, you have to go now cause we'll ask about it. And think how great you'll feel afterwards knowing what you've accomplished. Take care. Thanks for all of the comments on my blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kay. I love that blog, can you stay for dinner. Thanks for turning me onto it. I also follow the wheat belly blog. He had a good recipe for coconut flour brownies on it. I wanted to tell you that I also follow thepioneerwoman.com. I don't know if you remember I went out to her ranch in June when I won that contest. She has a whole section on her blog about photography. She is very into it, but self taught, and she gives lots of tips and explains things about lighting and aperatures and such. If you go to her blog, there is a tab on the top for photographay and I know you will find lots of good helpful tips. She also has lots of contests and giveaways. Check it out. Sending big hugs to you from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us know how Zumba goes. :)

    Hugs,
    Minichick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always sift my coconut flour because it clumps up pretty bad. I found that out after the first few batches.
    I hope you have a great New Years :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clap clap clap clap clap!!!! Yay Kay for going to Zumba today!!!!! I am sitting here on my duff reading everyones blogs when I should be on my treadmill right now. Gonna get on my treadmeill, gonna get on my treadmill.... do you think this will help motivate me? lol.
    I just got a new camera for christmas so gonna have to check out pioneerwoman website.
    I sift my coconut flour with just my handheld strainer & it works great! So far I am loving my coconut bread that I made this week. It tastes fantastic...just like cheesecake to me.
    Its ok to have a little gain over the holidays. You have had a great year!! Look at the difference in you from last year to now!! Dramatic!!!!!
    Happy New Year!!!!
    Blessings & loads of warm fuzzy hugs to you!!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay, I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas and your kids all came over. I'm excited that you got a new camera because now you'll have more awesome pictures for your blog! You've done so well in 2011 and I just know 2012 is going to be a wonderful year for all of us! Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kay, I totally feel you about old bfc journals, mine are filled with "this is werid, I don't know if I like it " Concerning your muclscle relaxants a laxative helps ( the nurses always say this concerning narcotics) mabybe a fiber supplement or laxative would help. I hope you have a wonderful New Years :) I have been getting back on the zumba train, I love his 20 min workout before I have to go to work.

    ReplyDelete