Tuesday, December 6, 2011

132.9 Zumba is helping!!!

Wow:)
I feel good, I feel less stressed, I feel successful. I really think going back to Zumba helped! I also think this beautiful sunshine that we have had makes a huge difference in my attitude. I love, love, love sunshine!
As bad as it was to quit working out for awhile, I think it may help re-energize the metabolism now and then to shake things up. Yesterday's class was great. It felt good to have people notice that I hadn't been there and ask why....my answer to each one was the truth....Lazy:) The instructor is the one that was playing hard rock kind of music that would make me crazy, she changed her entire class, and it was perfect! Yay!!! I had not been to her class since the first of October. Wow, time flies!
Today is a challenge day for food. It is lunch date day with my former gym friends and my bunko. I always have the same thing for lunch. A small canadian bacon/pepperoni pizza and my friend and I exchange a piece of sausage and black olive. I put all the toppings on 2 of the pieces and chow down. I don't overdue my carbs and it is very filling. Now bunko, that may be interesting. I am not going to go without if there are lemon bars there tonight! I do hesitate to eat sugar laden foods away from home, they can play havoc with my tummy and I don't want to rush to a bathroom. I remember when the diet pill Olista? I forget the name, came out and a lot of women at the gym were trying it with OK results. The reason, as soon as they ate anything with fat they got  diarrhea, fast, wrecked clothes, totally embarrassing situations. It's like Pavlov's dog, eventually (key word) you will learn to quit eating fat...but how long until "eventually" you quit wanting to? How many episodes of embarrassing does it take? Not one person lasted more than a couple of weeks and 42.00 down the drain. They did lose weight, waste, but it all came back.
There's my soap box for the day, if it sounds too good to be true....it usually is!
I am really missing seeing blogs come through. I know I have more time than most people, believe me, too much time, but I really do love sharing thoughts and life. Come back...share...tell us where you are...even if it isn't in the best place. That's what we all blog for, support, encouragement, kudos. I feel like I am part of a secret little club that knows my food/weight thoughts better than anyone, it feels good! I quit posting my weight loss on my facebook status, it felt lame after awhile (although I did get a lot of people asking me what I was doing). Maybe I will if I feel like I am at a magic number or totally done. Are we ever totally done? When we want to or when the scale quits budging. Will I be satisfied? I really think I will. I really hope I will. As with everyone that starts it, maintenance seems daunting.
Duke's Waikiki Sunset. Beautiful!
For those of you that think I am losing weight quickly. On September 14th I weighed 139.4. It has taken me 3 months to lose 6.5 more lbs. That's only about 2 lbs a month. Slow and steady Eddy!!! It takes a long time, and it is effort, and good choices! So hang in there. Every 2 lbs adds up and eventually we will all be at goal. Together, in our secret little club:) Of course all new members are welcome with open arms!!!
Blessings and happy scales:)

6 comments:

  1. Wow Kay! I am so proud of you! You are sticking to your plan and it is working for you! woo hoo! we should make up a no/low sugar lemon bar for your bunko group, if that's at all possible. hmmm... but not for today, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo is so relaxing... makes you want to be there :) I took those Alli pills which did the same thing. I didnt understand you couldnt even use olive oil with them and GROSS. I still them in a cabinet somewhere. I HATE to say you deserve a lemon bar, but if you want one, you should have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kay. I noticed the blogs have dropped off too. I'm trying to write at least twice a week. I know I can't do it everyday. Amazing weight you posted. That is my dream. I'm not giving up. Hugs from me to you.
    PS Love that we have a little secret club!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Kay, I think you have done a fabulous job on your weight loss. If it comes off slowly, the we have a way better chance of it sticking forever.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing wonderful! I love lemon bars as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you at 132!
    I think we should all sit around that pool and have a good visit. I know it would be warm...
    And isn't it nice that your Zumba friends missed you-

    ReplyDelete