Saturday, December 15, 2012

Hello...echo...echo...echo!!!

Is anyone there? Does anyone read this any more? Hellooooooo?????
I know everyone is busy, but it makes me sad to see so little blogging! I totally understand, life gets busy, priorities change, we fall off the wagon, lose interest, just don't do it anymore? Just saying that I am missing everyone!

Life is good at K's house. Our "girls" Christmas party was Thursday night. I was proud of myself for my turning down the Toll House Pie with vanilla ice cream!!! Yikes!!! I have to be honest, part of the reason that I turned it down was because I didn't want to hurt the feelings of my friend that had the party recently and she served chocolate lava cakes. It is nice to be told that I am looking great and know that I have kept most of the weight off. I didn't feel as "thin" as I did last year at this time, but I was actively losing then and I am actively maintaining now. (or trying) My friend in the back row in white is going to have gastric bypass surgery. I have mixed feelings for her, but she has struggled for so many years. I wish for her to have great success!

I have a lot of my Christmas shopping done, if I only had lots of money I would be very generous with my kids. I LOVE buying gifts! My poor husband:) Literally!!!

Is there any questions that anyone may have for me? Any suggestions to make my blog more fun to read or reply to?

Yesterday watching the news about the shooting in CT was so heartbreaking that I really struggled with despair. My heart just hurt so badly for the families. About 4:30 I answered the door to our little neighbor gal and 3 of her friends singing Deck The Halls. I believe she is a 7th grader and I assume it was her choir friends because they had beautiful harmony. I got teary and then realized they would think I was crazy, so smiled on. I wanted to bundle them up and drive them home where it would be safe. I thought how quickly such innocence is lost. They made a heavy day, happier. Please Lord Bless all of the families so sadly destroyed by an evil man.

To all of you that have lost someone that you love, my heart goes out to you.

Blessings and happy scales....

8 comments:

  1. glad to hear from you, Kay! it has been very quiet around here, hasn't it? I am glad to hear that you are still maintaining. I am doing my best to figure out what I need to do in order to be where I want. It's not that far off, but it's been kind of a long year I guess. crazy about the shooting. I can't even fathom it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still reading :) I check your blog every day and I am always happy to see a new post. I've been doing bfc since June and was disappointed to find that so few people post regularly..thanks for taking the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kay...yes I am still here :-) just been really busy with work, family, Christmas socializing. I am officially off until after Christmas now and getting myself all set for the new set of goals to accomplish for the new year. You don't have to do anything to be more interesting; your fun just being you :-) I love to read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking the same thing about everyone's blogging. I've been bad myself. I think after Christmas we will see a huge improvement in the frequency of blogs. Things will slow back down for everyone and we will probably be thinking more about weight loss and health again.
    I feel exactly the same way as you about the shootings in Connecticut. I was, and am, SO terribly sad. Our country has hit it's lowest point. I really had to fight not to let myself slip into a depression about it all. I'm glad those kids came to your door singing! It helps to know there is still some innocence and beauty in the world in the midst of all this madness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so LOVE your blog Kay!!! Even when I was super busy and unable to post, I still read yours. I finally got a post up on Friday - they help keep me accountable and on track :-)

    Maybe we could all share some typical meals/snacks that we eat regularly that help keep us on track. I know we've all mentioned them in our blog(s) before but maybe we could re-post a small list of our favorites. For example I LOVE celery with cream cheese (or almond butter) and chia seeds. It keeps me on track and fits within the BFC guidelines. Plus, when we have to think of a list, it reminds us of all the good meals/snacks we have available to us each day and have forgotten about. I love re-reading your beginning posts to see what you were eating when you lost all your weight. To read your feelings, succeses, struggles, food diary, etc..

    I have been super sad as well about the shootings in CT. For a moment it made me wonder if I did the right thing but filtering my kids back into the school system but then realized that bad things can happen ANYWHERE because we live in a fallen world. I've been hugging on my kids a little more than normal since Friday. I can't even wrap my head around the pain that the families are feeling... an anquish that I can't begin to feel and never want to.

    Wish we all lived closer... wouldn't it be fun to all get together once a month and visit and share with one another!! Take care and enjoy the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all feel that way about the blogs. When I started almost 3 years ago there was a ton more people than now.
    Everyone has their own priorities about their health and it seems to get put on the back burner - sad huh?
    All our hearts break for the people of CT. just terrible.
    I agree with you about the friend having the surgery. Our way is better.
    Have a great rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I know what you mean about people not being around. A lot of times I truly just feel like I have nothing to say. I love your blog the way it is. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still reading! I love reading the various blogs. I like Kim's idea (posting about typical meals/snacks). You probably remember that I'm the one that asked you about that several months ago.

    ReplyDelete