I just wanted to share a few more things about these amazing women...
The 2 in the front row wearing black, they both survived breast cancer.The gal in black/3 people from the right has a son that has a very rare thyroid disease. He is 34. The gene carried to his 8 year old daughter who had her thyroid out when she was 3 to prevent future issues. She now has a tumor in her adrenal gland? They were blessed to be connected with a hospital in Maryland that is going to pay for all expenses, testing, airfare, hotel costs, everything....for the dad and the daughter to hopefully be healed.
The gal in black on the far left, her daughter had thyroid cancer and had her thyroid removed when she was about 18.
The gal in hot pink, her husband survived lung cancer that then turned to leukemia and he had a stem cell transplant and is thriving.
The gal in the front with the pink and black was diagnosed with MS 20+ years ago.
The gal in white having the gastric bypass surgery has diabetes and totally bad knees.
The gal in the dress in the front row had thyroid cancer and is presumed to be cancer free.
Wow...what a bunch of survivors!
One more thing...we have all been friends for 43 years.
ReplyDeleteThank you for all of your comments on my last post:) Love you all!!!
Kay - I love this and the story behind each person! You and your friends are true survivors! I've been MIA on the blogs lately, but it is good to catch up.
ReplyDeleteKay, I'm still here. I know I should be blogging, but things are so crazy. Have a torn hamstring from doing too much exercise and trying to help my brother get ready for Christmas. I promise to post something soon! XO
ReplyDeleteWow, Kay, what a bunch of ladies! Glad to hear you all have each other.
ReplyDeleteLove the survivor stories from your friends!
ReplyDelete